This recipe is so simple and so so yum but as the only vegetarian recipe currently in our household, it gets more than a little overused. I thought it was worth making it one more time before I set off venturing to find new and more interesting veggie recipes and leave my ol’ faithful behind.
- 1/2 tin of refried beans (the other half can be frozen for next time)
- 2 x handfuls of corn chips
- 1/2 Spanish onion
- 2 x tomatoes
- 300gm tin of red kidney beans
- 1 x tbsp Gourmet Garden Chilli paste
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh coriander
- Rinse the kidney beans
- Chop the Spanish onion and tomatoes and fry gently in a saucepan.
- Add the chilli and kidney beans to the tomato mixture and stir for another minute
- Add the coriander and take off the heat.
- Spread the re-fried beans between two bowls.
- Stand your corn chips up in the re-fried beans. (A friend gave me this hot tip that it reduces corn chip sogginess, I’m inclined to agree).
- Put the tomato mixture on top of the corn chips and top with avocado and cheese.
- Put under the grill until cheese melts.
- Serve with sour cream.