This recipe was a hand me down from a friend’s Great Aunt. I love that it is made with simple ingredients that can always be found in the pantry when the kids (and me) are desperate for biscuits.
These biscuits freeze really well so I often make a big batch and offer them to the kids in a cute container in place of pre-packaged snacks.
15 mins prep
10-12 mins cooking
1/2 cup sugar
11/2 cups self raising flour
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cream Butter, egg and sugar
- Sift flour and pinch of salt
- Mix butter mixture into the flour mixture
- Roll into tiny balls (or a bigger size if you want) and dip lightly into sprinkles. Feel free to be creative here: a pecan and some cinnamon, a choc bud, strawberry jam, anything you’ve got handy will work.
- Press biscuits gently to flatten
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden. The bigger the biscuit the longer the cooking time.